Saturday 13 February 2021

Alrightgames: Star Realms – Colony Wars

Star Realms: Colony Wars

2015 / Deckbuilding card game / 2 players (+) / USA

****

I only realised after buying the base set and this formerly mandatory multiplayer expansion at a discount that I could have voyaged into unexplored Frontiers for the same price, especially since my apparent loyalty to the base set on Steam means that some of these cards still have that unnecessary-sequel vibe about them. But playing through the solo challenges has made me warm to this samey supplement, even over the originals. They're all combined now, anyway.

However deviously contrived, you at least get a complete game for your money, so you could share the commitment with a buddy. If you ever catch me buying a 12-card booster pack for pretty much the same price as I got these, you're authorised to take my child away.