Friday 22 January 2021

Alrightgames: Cluedo

Cluedo

1949 (1995 edition) / Mystery board game / 3-6 players / USA

****


My childhood happened to happen at the tail end of the original(ish) version of Cluedo before the major 1996 update, so naturally I have to resort to eBay to avoid any of that modern muck ('Dr Orchid?' Fuck off!)

I'm aware that this pointless punctiliousness will only make it harder for my daughter to track down her own set of acceptable nostalgic vintage if she has children. I wonder how far I can pass these neuroses down.

While playing against a computer streamlined Scrabble and made Monopoly actually bearable, I never got to grips with virtual Cluedo, which was either doing some alien American rules or maybe the proper rules as opposed to whatever I grew up with. Now that I've adopted some other family's heirloom, we'll play it how we bloody want.