Saturday 12 March 2011

Thaisland hopping


I tried to make a panorama, but the experiment failed miserably


Last stop on the snorkelling tour was Koh Nang Yuan, a dinky island that I've wanted to visit since I first saw it on the approach to Koh Tao. It's private land, which means a small entry fee, a fascistic approach to littering (which should be implemented globally) and no worries about pesky health and safety concerns when designing perilous tourist trails.

You'd better appreciate these photos - my respiratory system was already knackered even before the climb, thanks to breathing through a plastic tube for most of the afternoon. Maybe that's why this pair of grassy mounds, connected by a strip of beach, reminded me of a pair of lungs? On a normal day, my thoughts would probably have been elsewhere (though still in roughly the same anatomical region).


Koh Nang Yuan above, below and well above sea level



Approaching Koh Nang Yuan



Unreasonably attractive people on the beach (nang yuan is Thai for 'attracting lady').
Have you ever tried talking to someone wearing a bikini? It's embarrassing.
In fact, I'm going to stop wearing bikinis altogether



Dinky fish in the Japanese Garden.
Stolen from CarmJasSon



Freakish giant clam in the Japanese Garden.
Stolen from takau99



High and almost dry. Too bad there's no money shot of me in snorkelling gear with my Great British Tan (ghostly white where the sun don't shine)



For someone who isn't on holiday, I'm having a disconcertingly good time.
Pink wristband was strictly regulation. Pink drink was by choice


Next stop: Koh Samui