Friday, 24 July 2026

Alrightgames: SpaceShipped expansions

SpaceShipped expansions

As with Anthelion before it, the expansions for the 18-card interstellar trade simulator are small themed decks that replace rather than supplement other cards. One difference is you have the freedom to mix and match sets at your leisure this time, unless you prefer to set the theme for today's episode.


Expansion Collection: Debts and Damages, Out of Route & The Dynasty Seal ****

Each set of 6 cards has a fairly distinct theme that manages to stand out when only diluted by 12 others. Once you've played each of them once and learned their quirks, you can mix them all together and pick randomly. Some work better when they have enough related cards to synchronise with (especially the enemies), but the universe generally sorts itself out.


Lockdown ****

A slightly more game-changing enemy makes this the most interesting of the expansions and is the enemy I'd probably choose if I didn't leave things to fate. It was presumably left out of the wallet compilation for space. I say, let 'em bulge.