Friday 4 November 2022

Babyliography LXVI

Bobbi JG Weiss and Colleen Doran, Disney's Beauty and the Beast: The Official Movie Adaptation

1991 / Ecomic / 48 pages / USA

**

She requested the theme when we were idly pirating ebooks and this was the best I could do at short notice. At least it's authentic period tat.


Tony Ross, I Want TWO Birthdays

2008 / Library book / 32 pages / UK

**

The royal theme is relevant for a change, but I'm none the wiser about the reasoning.


Unknown, Thomas & Friends: My First Thomas Railway Stories

2016 / Library book / 24 pages / UK

**

Three insubstantial character profiles in verse, at least that's some effort. I would have been more touched by her choosing something I specifically would have wanted in my own childhood if it wasn't such a terrible series in retrospect.


Pippa Goodhart and Nick Sharratt, Just Imagine (a.k.a. You Choose Your Dreams)

2012 / Library book / 32 pages / UK

**

The appropriately laid-back sibling to You Choose, I could have done with more lucidity and less of the observing other people's dreams.


Julia Donaldson and Lydia Monks, Sugarlump and the Unicorn

2013 / Library book / 32 pages / UK

****

She picked this one out based on the cover, and it's not a bad glitter-embellished take on the old moral fable. We are so ready when a genie finally makes an appearance in real life.