Tuesday 7 December 2021

Alrightgames: Carcassonne – The Labyrinth

Carcassonne: The Labyrinth

2016 / Tile placement board game mini expansion / 2+ players / Germany

**

Expansions don't come more mini than this: a fanciful way for one lucky player to connect four roads into one that helps to balance that underpowered feature in the base game and to menace grand infrastructure projects in larger expansions.

But let's face it, I bought it because it looks pretty and because a single-tile expansion is the cheapest path to indulgent satisfaction for the search-by-price-lowest-to-highest collector, even if their plan to flip a spare and make it even cheaper was neutralised by eBay fees.

I stopped buying myself biscuits and other unnecessary consumables when I started getting silly with expansions. These snacks are better for my teeth.