Saturday 27 November 2021

Alrightgames: Star Realms – Crisis – Events

Star Realms: Crisis – Events

2014 / Deckbuilding card game expansion / 2+ players / USA

***

Completing my overcomplication of Star Realms (cross my heart, hope for authority to be reduced to zero – the boxes are full now, anyway*), these random interruptions are even less popular than Gambits and Missions among serious players. I took that as a recommendation that they'd be fun for our casual games.

A better thematic detour than the Heroes, I like the introduction of space as a chaotic background character that dispenses random rewards and punishments. What I don't like is that they only bothered to come up with eight of them, with repetition.

I wasn't all that excited to buy these, but I did so on the understanding that they'll be the final frill. In an alternate universe (frankly a more credible one), I'm childless with an official Star Realms® Universal Storage Box™ ever expanding into samey frontiers, but I'm happier over here.

* Unless I make room by putting player three and four's superfluous starter cards into storage, but hopefully that won't occur to me.