Monday 15 January 2024

Babyliography CLVI

Rose Rossner and Morgan Huff, I Love You, My Little Unicorn

2022 / Ebook / 40 pages

*

Soppy even for a unicorn book.


David W. Miles and Hollie Mengert, Unicorn (and Horse)

2018 / Ebook / 48 pages

**

Explores the racial superiority of pink equines over brown.


Sorrel Pitts, Ladybird Readers: My Little Pony – The Storm / Izzy's Presents / Where Is Sunny's Lantern? / 
Hitch Stops the Magic / Hitch Finds an Egg / Sparky, Where Are You?

2023 / Ebooks / 144 pages

**

The adaptations lack some nuance when simplified almost to haikus, but this is more precocious preschool reading practice, teasing her with interactive elements I can't access because I'm not school.


Libby Walden and Jacqui Lee, This Is Owl

2019 / Library book / 30 pages

***

Ups the interactive ante without annoying sounds.


Gabby Dawnay and Alex Barrow, If I Had a Unicorn

2022 / Ebook / 28 pages

**

Notable for incorporating the "also by the same author" page into the story.