Saturday 22 July 2023

Ranking the Iced Earth albums

Iced Earth* was my proudest independent comparatively-obscure heavy metal discovery of my teens, so I was delighted that wearing a Horror Show T-shirt to some university rock society events led to me being known as "Iced Earth Guy" to a couple of people.

I don't know if they were ever quite my favourite band. Maybe briefly, but the familiar problem of faded glory that affects many bands' discographies felt particularly frustrating for being on such a compact scale. Never releasing anything really worthwhile ever again and being overtaken by politics and toxic personality didn't help either.

Still, nostalgia and riffs. Here's a retrospective of My Top Few Iced Earth Albums And The Rest.

Actually, I can't be bothered. Here's one of these instead:


* I never noticed how dumb the name sounds.