Monday 16 January 2023

Babyliography XCIX

Unknown, Peppa Pig: The Story of Peppa Pig / Peppa's Magical Unicorn

2010/2018 / Ebooks / 64 pages / UK

**

I think we're done with Little Miss, but I could have done without this reversion.


Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

1957 / Hardback / 64 pages / USA

***

This always looked a bit harder and less quirky at the end of her collection, so I told her all year that we'd wait until Christmas, by which time it was on the same level as her library books. She didn't get as much out of it as Fox in Socks and the like. Dickens next year.


Sam Taplin and Federica Iossa, Usborne Sound Books: Arctic Animal Sound Book

2022 / Library book / 10 pages / UK/Italy

**

Some only get a footstep noise when their vocalisations are presumably unimpressive.


Libby Frost and Lucy Fleming, Princess Snowbelle and the Snowstorm

2017 / Library book / 32 pages / UK

**

Deceptively wholesome cash-in on Frozen fever, with a dash of My Little Pony and probably other ingredients I've been spared so far. The back covers shows they're already desperately milking it as a franchise. I suppose this is what it takes to survive these days.


Unknown, Disney Pixar Finding Nemo: The Graphic Novel

2010 / Hardback / 48 pages / USA

**

When it's bedtime and your parents don't let you just watch things. It doesn't count as her first proper comic. I think my equivalent was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze.