Thursday 2 March 2023

Babyliography CX

Diane Jackson Hill and Giuseppe Poli, Baby Band

2017 / Preschool book / 28 pages / Australia

*

I don't know what her reasoning was for choosing this one at preschool, but she realised she'd made an error in judgement even before I finally convinced her to get it over with.


Anne Booth and Åsa Gilland, I Send You a Hug

2023 / Library book / 32 pages / UK/Sweden

*

Vomitisation.


Jo Lodge, Hide-and-Seek Stories: Out in Space

2023 / Library book / 12 pages / UK

***

Alien hide and seek gave this more plot and purpose than these things usually have.


Eric Carle, The Tiny Seed

1970 / Preschool book / 40 pages / USA

***

Following the speck kept her more engaged than I expected in a book that's distinctly more education than entertainment. I like the infinity loop, but unlikely we'd actually read it again.


Unknown, Paw Patrol: Pups Save Ryder's Robot

2016 / Paperback / 24 pages / USA

*

She didn't even ask for it, I made the honourable sacrifice myself. The thinnest pages of any book she owns, tight bastards. The title reads like a bad translation.