Saturday 23 October 2010

Sleeping on a roof



...is bloody cool. Lying under the stars, watching the red moon rise over the golden temple roofs. I might never go back to sleeping indoors again. I wonder why I ever did in the first place?

Oh yes - because I lived in Scotland.

I'm prepared to accept that my judgement could be influenced slightly by the unusual, novelty value of this hostelling experience - like that day I only ate lobster - and that by tomorrow night I'll be wondering why I didn't just take my friend Sofi up on her offer of a couch and live indoors like a regular human.

But that would mean going against my independent and adventurous spirit. Plus, I'm scared about getting on the wrong side of her massive cat.

That's okay though, I've made my own cat friends. Scratching your face to death is the Israeli cat's way of showing affection, right? Like their women?