Monday, September 26, 2016

Everybo-dengue fevers bad neighbours

Just a quick update to my chronicle of neighbourhood perils, I just found out that dengue fever's a thing too. Not in an abstract 'fatalities rising by 147% year-on-year' way, more an 'our neighbour is in hospital' kind of way.

I only knew dengue fever as something I'd see mentioned in travel warnings back when I'd be considering visiting an uninhabited jungle region of Borneo or somewhere before deciding against it. But as the saying goes, if the timid tourist won't go to the deadly virus-carrying mosquitoes, the deadly virus-carrying mosquitoes will come to him.



(The Department of Tourism has announced it's going to change this slogan soon.
Presumably to something more honest and less ripe for the piss-taking).

No comments:

Post a Comment