Monday, April 29, 2013

Hello me, it's me again



Outside of tranniversaries, this blog has developed a small assortment of annual features (or biennial if I forget) that are useful for keeping tabs on my progress, as well as for filling time when I'm not getting up to very much. This one, a gallery of photos of my face taken over the past 12 months, is the most pointless post since last time I did it.

At least I thought it was pointless - that post has inexplicably racked up more than 1,500 views in a year, just shy of my all-time top 10 thanks to the efforts of dead babies, sexy teachers and used schoolgirl panties (if you haven't been following my blog you might be a little lost). What's going on? Why do so many people want to see mostly wonky or poorly framed photos of tourist sites spoiled by me being in them?

Whatever the reason, here's a load more. Fluctuating beard growth is a reliable barometer of whether or not I was travelling alone at different times.


Me in Japan



Me looking unintentionally creepy at Ueno Zoo



Me feeling ambivalent about finding something really weird


Me in South Korea



Me getting out and about in Seoul and Seoraksan



Me finally surrendering to Cosplay at Hwaseong Haenggung


Me in China



Me unwisely getting involved in things I don't understand on any level



Me overshadowed by quite a Big Buddha



Me at Shenzhen's Window of the World in various 'hilarious' poses, ha ha! Dic.





Me in Thailand






Me on sunny Koh Phayam



Me underwater on Koh Si Chang



Me in mourning



Me feeling a little silly



Me feeling a little silly


Me in Laos



Me on another big thing (up top)






Me about to get wet


Me in Vietnam



Me beak-to-beak with a golden turtle at Van Mieu



Me and Madame Guillotine at Hoa Lo Prison (I'm the ghost on the left)








Me in Myanmar






Me knackered on Mandalay Hill



Me feeding gibbons


Me in Australia



My amusingly sunburnt passport photo



Me out and about in the Blue Mountains (look, I bought a hat)






Me getting wet in the Southern Highlands



Me beak-to-beak with an emu at Blackbutt Reserve
(stealthy photo taken by Oliver)



Me finally braving the beach in Byron Bay



Me being a child in Surfers Paradise


Me in the Philippines



I don't have many solo photos since I met Jackie, unless I cruelly crop her out like a cheating ex-husband in the family album:





Me in the derelict Diplomat Hotel


Me in Cambodia



Me in the derelict Bokor Hill Station





Same face same time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment